This article will show you how to save a query for the Drive plugin. It is a very useful feature as you could access the saved query anytime which means that there is no need to set the filters, columns, etc. every time when you access the Drive files.
In the below example we could see that the following options are set:
- Size is set to be more than 17.2 KB
- Author is defined to be a particular person
- Tags are also filtered
- Also, the Selected columns are set to be visible
When you click on the Apply button, then all the above options will be actually applied and the Drive files list, and the results will become like this as in the example below.
To save the query that you composed in the previous step, just click on the Save button.
Then, a new window will come up. As seen below, I named the query "Files more than 17.2 KB" as one of the defined filters is about this size.
Once a query is saved, it could be chosen anytime from the right sidebar saved queries' list.
And when you select a query, then it will open the predefined previously saved options and the title will be shown on the top.
If you would like to exit the saved query and show the original Drive files list (i.e. Drive files without any predefined options, filters, etc.), then just click on the Clear button.
When a query is selected, there are 2 available options to be chosen.
- Edit - as the name suggests it allows you to do some edits on the saved query, for example, you could change the filters, the columns that you would like to be shown, etc.
- Delete - if you no longer need a specific query, then please just delete via this button.