How to set up outgoing mail settings and send an answer to a customer's ticket?
This article covers briefly everything from configuration to the first email response.
- Set up default Redmine outgoing mail settings
- Set up project-specific outgoing mail settings
- Answer a ticket
For more information refer to Redmine documentation .
Go to project Settings and Helpdesk tab. At Outgoing mail server uncheck Use default settings.
A form will appear.
You can use the first step of the previous section as a reference. Select the SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) option according to your service. The
enable_starttls_auto: true line in the configuration code corresponds to the TLS checkbox. Both this and SSL must be enabled for Office 365, Outlook, and Gmail. Click Save when you are done.
- To write a response without quotation, click on . If the latest comment in the ticket was received from someone in CCs then their e-mail will be automatically set as the recipient of your message. Otherwise, it will be the original author and include Ccs of the ticket.
- To quote ticket body, click on .
- To quote a comment, click on the speech bubble at the respective comment. This will also set the author of the comment as the recipient of your message and include Ccs of the comment.
Write your reply in the Notes field.
Make sure Send a note is checked. Here you can see and choose the recipient. By clicking on the pencil icon you can edit recipient, Cc and Bcc. Click Submit to send the response.